902a — Health Care Reform & Reimbursement Changes for Behavioral Professionals
6 CE Hours Available
With constant changes in healthcare, it can often be difficult to figure out the best route to go with your practice. Dr. Maheu has taken the initiative to interview several professionals with an insightful perspective on changes that need to be considered by all behavioral and mental health professionals to survive and thrive in these uncertain times. She asks important questions, such as:
- What are a few practical issues that most mental health professionals need to know about the broad health care changes changes underfoot?
- What are some alternatives online options for behavioral and mental health practitioners in these times of change?
- Which are the most significant legislative factors that will be impacting telehealth in the next few years – and telemental health in particular?
- How will be the impact on the behavioral and mental health systems of starting to treat millions of previously untreated people?
- What are some practical ways that behavioral and mental health professionals can get involved with new models of care if they are interested?
- Will the need for professionals to deliver behavioral health interventions grow?
- Intelligently discuss the sweeping changes underfoot in all of healthcare and why it will soon impact the way most behavioral clinicians have practiced for decades
- Name at least three new types of reimbursement avenues being created by Health Care Reform legislation for behavioral and mental health professionals
- Outline at least two ways in which billing codes will reflect changes mandated by Health Care Reform
- The Next 5 Years in Healthcare Reimbursement
- What’s Going On with Federal and State Reimbursement Policy
- Changing Strategies to Maximize Behavioral Health Reimbursement
- The Nitty Gritty of What You Need to Know about Money with Health Care Reform
- Telemental Health and its Key Role in 21st Century Health Care
- Positioning Your Practice to Serve Integrated Care, Health Homes, Accountable Care Organizations, Health Insurance Exchanges, and More
All materials are included with this course.
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee