Go Back802MTW – Jump Start Your Practice by Developing Legal & Ethical Self-help Materials
Market your practice online with legal/ethical services
6 CE Hours Available * This course qualifies for Legal & Ethical CE Hours.
This training course is offered 24/7, available complete at your own pace (anytime within 6 months from registration date)
Developing self-help books, eBooks, educational materials, videos, audio, podcasts or webinars can generate referrals for both an online and a traditional, offline practice. Any one or a combination of these strategies can help you refocus your interests as a mental health professional, serve many more people, build an exciting source of passive income and build referrals.
This fast-moving, get-to-the-point teleworkshop series will give you the skills and know-how to get started, write a quick business plan, and help you find the help you might need at the most affordable price. Also earn 6-CEs while learning this information.
- Trainee will name at least three (3) ethical strategies for writing an eBook based on scientific research in three (3) months or less.
- Trainee will be able to name at least one (1) strategy for getting involved with virtual book tours.
- Trainee will define three (3) legal codes of relevance to self-help, psycho-educational or professional training program development on the Internet.
- Trainee will identify at least three (3) ethical codes of relevance to self-help or psycho-educational program marketing on the Internet.
- Trainee will intelligently discuss at least one (1) legal or ethical code of relevance to affiliate programs.
- Trainee will describe at least five (5) sources of FREE information for finding resources of use for online program development.
- Trainee will name three (3) webinar platforms vendors and their respective advantages / disadvantages.
- Trainee will reference at least three (3) sources of low-cost labor to help with online program development and how to write ads for these websites.
- Trainee will cite at least one (1) legal or ethical issue in developing a page in Google+, Facebook, Yahoo Q&A, Pinterest, Yelp, YouTube or LinkedIn.
- Trainee will name at least three (3) FREE websites he or she can use to quickly find peer-reviewed, scientific studies, reports and books from which to draw information for developing a self-help or psycho-education program.
Why does working as a behavioral or mental health entrepreneur make sense now? Which are best for you to develop online as an online entrepreneur? Which online format is optimal for your specific needs? Which are the topic areas most easily developed and marketed online? Where can you find the quickest, most relevant research base from which to draw when developing your materials? Which areas are potentially the most lucrative? How can programs be layered to easily feed each other with both content and marketing efforts over time? Where to get an easy-to-develop business plan? How do you identify the best format for your program: audio, video, text or a combination of them?
Where are people going for their information in 2014? Do you need websites or blogs anymore? How do you need to portray yourself as a professional to make your products successful online? How can you keep your professional website both legal and ethical? Where to buy domain names, hosting accounts? Where can you go online to get the best, free legal advice for your website or blog? What size font, color, and layout are the most successful for behavioral and mental health clients and patients? How to choose a content management system that will make it easy and fun for you to create new pages and publish them immediately. How do you profit financially from a website or blog? What are the legal and ethical codes that rule such program development and marketing?
What’s the difference between a podcast and webinar? Does it matter? How to structure and develop your podcast or webinar. What are the five best functions of webinars? Which online vendor should you choose and why? Which webinar platform features are needed — and which are preferred? How much should the platform cost? How much content vs. promotion should be presented? Five ways a professional can monetize a webinar. What are the legal and ethical codes that rule such program development and marketing?
Five easy strategies to write an eBook in 3 months or less. Why eBooks are the way to go for most professionals rather than seeking to publish print books. How much does it cost to publish an eBook? How to include self-promotional material without looking unprofessional on your website. Where can you go for free or low-cost resources to build your products? What is a reasonable price-point for an eBook? Should eBooks include a CD? How much do CDs cost, and who ships them? What are the legal and ethical codes that rule such program development and marketing? What is a virtual book tour and how can you get involved? How do you easily create an audio book from a Kindle version of an eBook?
Not sure of the legal and ethical issues involved with online marketing? Need to know where to get the right legal agreements for your online business? Why should smartphone and smart tablet “apps” be considered marketing devices rather than stand-alone products? What can be done in 2 hours time to gain exposure to over 150,000 professionals at once? What are the legal and ethical codes that rule such program development and marketing? On a more practical side, learn what to give away and what to charge for your program and spin-off products. Understand how to combine re-packaged information with new information, based on feedback from your users — and make even higher profits while delivering unparalleled value to program users. How do mHealth and smart devices play into programs for mental health?
Understand what’s coming next with video technologies, including iPads, iPhones, and other portable devices (Android, tablet PCs, etc.) Learn about social media trends, recording keeping guidelines and electronic health records (EHRs) and health homes. Glimpse the healthcare revolution that is occurring worldwide, and how you can position yourself and your clients/patients to benefit maximally. We are facing a brave new world. Make it yours!
Teleworkshop Series is Designed For
- Behavioral Specialists
- Counselors, Therapists, Marriage and Family Therapists, Drug and Alcohol Specialists
- Teachers and other Educational Professionals
- Home Health Care Professionals
- Medical Professionals such as Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists
- Psychologists, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
Noted Author, Trainer and Telehealth Ethicist, Dr. Maheu has been consulting with videoconferencing companies since 1994s and brings a wealth of information to every meeting to help you better understand how to use technology to serve your particular clients/patients.
All readings are provided as part of your coursework at no added fee.