TMHI Train-the-Trainer & Consultant Training Programs
If you are an experienced speaker or consultant, we will train you to speak and consult in the rapidly growing of telemental health.
The TMHI Train-the-Trainer and/or the Consultant Training Program are for you if you are seeking to:
- affiliate with a world-renown telemental health organization whose leaders who are both knowledgeable and respected
- join an organized system, whereby you can learn how to join the ranks of known professional within a year
- enjoy your current talents as a speaker/trainer by specializing in a rapidly growing new field with increasing demand
- join the ranks of some of your brightest and most accomplished colleagues who share your values for excellence in telemental health
- experience yourself as a leader and activist
- choose one or both training areas offered by TMHI, either training and/or consulting
As part of the TMHI Train-the-Trainer Program, you will:
- Participate as listeners and transcribers in TMHI’s monthly Tele-Consult with Platinum-level professionals to get a sense of typical Q&A
- Participate in two (2) group role-play situations per month during weekly group Trainee meetings
- Attend at least two (2) full-day training programs offered by Dr. Maheu or other TMHI faculty and deliver a written evaluation of the experience in terms of positive and critical feedback. This report will then be discussed in a meeting with the Speaker. Trainee may be asked to prepare and present at least fifteen (15) minutes of content during these workshops, at the sole discretion of the TMHI Client (conference organizer). Trainee will only have a choice of attending the dates and times available for TMHI speaking engagements already booked and contracted by TMHI and posted on Dr. Maheu’s Speaking Engagements webpage
- Completion of surveys as developed by TMHI staff to explore a variety of communication needs
- Attend in a 2-day Train-the-Trainer workshop in San Diego for an experiential, interactive experience that will prepare you to get on the road and speak as a Telemental Health Trainer
Consultation training will be comprised of four Training Stages:
- Stage 1: Shadowing – Join live TMHI consulting calls. Activities will include taking notes and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 2: Participating – Join and participate in live TMHI consulting calls. Activities will include taking notes and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 3: Leading – Lead live TMHI consulting calls with a Senior TMHI staff taking a secondary role. Activities will include scheduling and leading meetings with the Client, planning and distributing the agenda, reviewing and organizing all tasks to be delivered between meetings, updating and managing Client’s Strategic Plan, and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 4: Consulting – Consult solo with live TMHI consulting Clients with a Senior TMHI staff present. Activities will include scheduling and leading meetings with the Client, planning and distributing the agenda, reviewing and organizing all tasks to be delivered between meetings, updating and managing Client’s Strategic Plan, and written assigned work activities. The Consultant’s name and bio will be posted on the TMHI website as part of the TMHI Speaking or Consulting Staff and services made available to Clients according to the Client’s preferred schedule.
Training Program Requirements
To be considered for either of the TMHI Training Programs, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the TMHI Platinum Certificate program: telehealth.org/courses
- Active participation is weekly teleconference meetings and other exercises conducted online and by telephone over the course of 1 year.
- Attendance at a two-day, Train-the-Trainer workshop in San Diego during July of 2016
- Complete the TMHI Trainer or Consultant Application. This application will require approximately 30 minutes of your time, but we encourage you to have these documents ready for uploading into our system prior to starting the application process:
- Three short writing samples from previously written documents (book, article, blog, thesis, dissertation, etc.)
- Your CV
- Your professional photo (head shot) and brief bio for public display
- Names and email addresses of three references who know your work as a Speaker or Consultant
- Two (2) brief recordings of your prior speaking engagements will be requested after your application passes first review (for Trainers only)
- A one-time application processing fee of $149 is required. If your application is accepted, this fee will be deducted from your overall tuition.
- Introductory training fee of $4,500 (4-payment plan available over the required training year)
- All travel costs must be borne by Trainee
Register for the TMHI Speaker Train-the-Training Program
Register for the TMHI Consultant Training Program
If you’d like specific information prior to proceeding to our applications above, please ask your question below.