Marlene M. Maheu, Ph.D.
Online Therapy and Telemental Health Job Opportunities: Carpe Diem!
Now, more than ever, telemental health is at the forefront of a rapidly changing behavioral healthcare environment. Behavioral telehealth is being seen as vital to reducing the cost of chronic illness, professional associations have approved guidelines, and insurers are reimbursing. There’s no better time for exploring your options.
More facts to consider:
- behavioral health providers are in short supply
- half of U.S. residents have no access to behavioral services
- behavioral health (substance use and mental health) are often avoided because of stigma and shame
- there is a strong evidence base to support various models of telemental health
- behavioral therapy delivered through technology has gained popularity and leads to high user satisfaction
- the leading associations have approved telemental health guidelines for how to deliver safe, legal and ethical care
Whether you are a hospital, clinic, agency, group or individual practitioner, opportunities with telemental health and other technologies are now solidifying across the horizon in behavioral care.
As leaders in the legal and ethical issues surrounding telemental health service delivery, the TeleMental Health Institute will take this hour to:
- Point you in the direction of a number of viable telemental health models that offer the best growth opportunities for 2016
- Focus you on best practices and legal as well as ethical principles to keep in mind
- Outline some of the more serious pitfalls you’ll want to avoid
- Give you a step-by-step guide for how to develop business plans with a clear return on investment (ROI)
- Explain how you can get the biggest bang for your telemental health consultation dollar and
- Show you where to get the credentialed staffing you need to put your mind at ease and help you stay centered as you move in 2016
- Fully recorded and available 24/7
- Get immediate access upon registration
- Watch/listen and see slides again anytime for 6 months from registration date
- 1 CE-Hour Available
- Name at least 5 new behavioral technology trends in the worldwide marketplace
- Name at least 5 new behavioral technology trends in the United States marketplace
- Identify at least one new trend as the result of Medicare and Medicaid changes
- Name three large players to watch for new and creative opportunities in telemental health
- Identify at least 10 telemental health practice models that get reimbursed
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. For this webinar, she will be building on information she presented at the 2015 American Telemedicine Association Conference titled,”Delivering Great Care, Getting Paid, and Avoiding Legal Problems,” where she focused on startup mistakes most often made by telemental health businesses. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “tele-practitioners” in these disciplines:
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Drug & Alcohol Specialists
- Medical Professionals such as Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists
- Physicians Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
- Webinar video recording
- Presentation slides
- Webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applied toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical CEs with APA, NBCC and a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/ces. If you have any questions, contact us.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!