The New HIPAA Phase 2 Audit: Are You Fully Prepared?
HIPAA & HITECH now require additional security and privacy precautions to accommodate increased threats of digital hacking and hijacking with the use of all technologies. Adding (rather large) teeth to previous HIPAA rulings, stepped-up HIPAA audits are leading to disciplinary actions that involve serious consequences, including public embarrassment and significantly higher penalties. Clinic, small group and independent practitioners are especially vulnerable.
This quick webinar features a guest speaker from the HIPAA Compliancy Group, who will deliver an easy HIPAA update, explain the HIPAA audit process, then outline simple steps to implement immediately. (For current telepractitioners and other professionals seeking to deliver treatment online, issues related to Skype and several HIPAA-compliant alternatives will also be covered.) In a remarkably fascinating hour, you’ll have what you need to know to be compliant with current HIPAA rulings.
HIPAA Event Details
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Recording now Available
- CE Option: 1 CE Hour Available
- Understand the overall requirements under HIPAA
- Clarification of what the Omnibus Rule entails
- Overview of HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules
- Understand the definition of a Business Associate and what’s required for BAAs
- Reviewing real world fines and breaches – why they occurred and how they could have been avoided
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- Program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applied toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical CEs with APA, NBCC and a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. Click here to purchase with CE. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/ces. If you have any questions, contact us.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply