Skype Alternatives For HIPAA-Compliance: Which Online Therapy or Telemental Health Technology is Best for Your Practice?
Overwhelmed with choosing the right online therapy or telemental health technology?
Finding the right technology for telemental health can be difficult. Sorting through the primary technologies for behavioral health requires information about email, video conferencing, digital chat, video-assisted therapy and other platforms used for online therapy.
The good news is, TMHI is here to help. This month’s FREE telemental health professional training program will outline the best HIPAA-compliant technology tools for telemental health and online therapy. You can easily learn what you need to know about behavioral health information technology for building a successful telepractice.
Event Details: Telemental Health Technology
- Where: 100% Online
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Recorded event includes access, slides, and handout
- Cost: FREE — upgrade for 1-CE Hour for $35
- Explain why privacy protection is the #1 technology-related concern by practitioners, insurers, licensing boards and other government agencies
- Describe 2 reasons that the use of Skype is not HIPAA-compliant
- Identify 3 different HIPAA compliant alternatives to Skype for videoconferencing
- Explain what it means to have a “Business Associate Agreement” and how to get one
- Explain how adherence to HIPAA & HITECH are relevant to both state law and ethical codes
- Identify at least 3 basic technology tools needed for telemental health practice
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Who Should Attend
This Telemental Health Technology webinar program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- Program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applied toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical CEs with APA, NBCC and a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/ces. If you have any questions, contact us.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
Add 1-CE Hour for $35
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply