The Telebehavioral Health Institute (TBHI) is a Wyoming-based Institute designed to offer telemedicine, telehealth, telemental health and telebehavioral health training, consulting and staffing services to the professional health community.
- It was re-named from the TeleMental Health Institute (TMHI) on January 1, 2017 to accommodate the US Health and Human Services changes in nomenclature related to mental health care in the United States.
- The Teleheath Institute (TI) is a California-based non-profit, 501(3)(c) Institute designed to research and develop evidence-based training materials and resources; the credentialing of telehealth and telebehavioral health professionals; the development and maintenance of a trademarked, searchable listing and database for properly credentialed telehealth and telebehavioral health professionals.
Together, TBHI and TI are dedicated to providing guidance, resources and other support for planning, launching and thriving with telepsychiatry, telepsychology, distance counseling, online therapy, telebehavioral health, telemental health, behavioral telehealth, mHealth and other forms of telehealth.
Competency-Based Training, Definitions and Designation
- With TBHI’s 100% online professional training program, professionals with access to the Internet from anywhere in the world can have immediate and 24/7 access to the following training materials:
- Class Recordings — inexpensive, timely and topic-focused 1-hour discussions to keep you up-to-date and fully informed of legal, ethical and regulatory updates, industry developments and other cutting-edge topics. They are accessible by computer or smart device, both in a LIVE format and afterward, in recorded form through our On-Demand Library.
- Certificate Programs — training to instruct you in the latest evidence-based fundamentals, models, strategies and technologies for inspiration and support. Two programs are available: 15-hours and 36-hours, depending on your need for more specialized instruction. After completing this coursework, graduates will be eligible to apply for the Board Certified Telehealth Professional (BCTP) designation through the Telehealth Institute.
- Graduate School — Graduate-level programs are also available for students who seek a career focused on the use of technology in the behavioral sciences. These courses are only available through graduate schools who have contracted with TBHI to deliver these courses to their students.
- Starting on March 11, 2019, TBHI began working with TI to launch a sunset TBHI’s Certified Telebehavioral Health Practitioner designation and grandfather new, 5-year credential that is designed to signify to employers, insurance companies, consumers and colleagues that the individual has attained an industry-wide need for competency-based mastery knowledge, skills and attitudes with their telehealth training.
- Professionals granted the Board Certified Telehealth Professional designation will have been fully credentialed after submitting all necessary proof of professional status, licensure as required; and competence as measured by passing a randomly chosen test of 50 items from a pool of 200 competency-based items.
- Competency for credentialing purposes is defined as having been formally pinned to the competencies identified in this 2017 peer-reviewed passing a vigorous test, based on a set of interprofessionally derived competencies developed by the Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Science (CTiBS).
- TBHI offers training that is 100% compliant with the CTiBS-published competency requirements.
- Graduates of TBHI have the benefit of training that is 100% compliant with an interprofessionally derived set of competencies that are the most highly researched and published anywhere in the world. Once again, TMHI / TBHI will establish itself as a world leader in telemental health and now, telebehavioral health.
Telemental Health Consulting / Telebehavioral Health Consulting
In addition to providing telemental health and telebehavioral health training to professionals, TI consults with agencies wishing to start their own telebehavioral health programs; credential providers and provide other support services as the professional community increases health care access to more patients via digital health. TBHI’s team of experienced consultants can help with strategic planning, reimbursement, technology choices, legal and ethical risk management and staff development/placement. TI also consults with start-up technology companies seeking to develop new verticals in the behavioral health space.
Telehealth Institute (TI)
The Telehealth Institute is a California-based non-profit, 501(3)(c) Institute designed to research and develop evidence-based training materials and resources; offer free webinars to the behavioral professional community; credential professionals who have obtained competency-based training in telehealth, telemental health and telebehavioral health. Together, TMHI, and TI are dedicated to providing guidance, resources and other support for planning, launching and thriving with telepsychiatry, telepsychology, distance counseling, online therapy, behavioral telehealth and mHealth.
Mailing address :
5173 Waring Road, #124
San Diego, CA 92120