301 – Reimbursement Strategies Increasing Authorization & Payment
3 CE Hours Available
Want to know exactly how you’ll get paid? From Medicare billing codes to collecting legitimate cash payments online, this practical course will review relevant telehealth, telemedicine and telemental health reimbursement law and proper procedures for practitioners and consultants.
Definitions are given to help the practitioner understand terms and their meaning. Resource centers are identified so as to facilitate the practitioner’s obtaining new information from various federal and state groups who exist to help us get started with telehealth. Medicare, Medicaid and Private Pay (or private insurance) requirements and strategies are discussed in detail in this 3 hour course. Issues related to procedures, approved modifier codes, permitted treatment sites, types of patient diagnoses and licensure requirements for professionals are examined. For those seeking to increase the number of private payors who reimburse for remote telemental health care, practical suggestions and guidance is also provided. A range of support documentation and materials are included to effectively equip you to maximize reimbursement for telemental health care. Join us today and learn how to start successfully tapping into new revenue streams for your practice!
Event Details: 301 – Reimbursement Strategies Increasing Authorization & Payment
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- List the three mental health disciplines that are recognized Medicare providers
- Explain why training is important at the community level when launching a telehealth program
- Outline three barriers that still remain to widespread acceptance of telehealth reimbursement
- State whether or not you can legitimately obtain reimbursement for telehealth if you are practicing in a state without a license
- Name the two states that post a $5000.00 penalty for practicing in their state as a psychologist without a license
- Explain why your malpractice insurance isn’t likely to cover you if you run into a problem when practicing over state lines in a state where you do not hold a professional license
- Identify the technology that already is eligible for telehealth reimbursement in rural areas
- State whether or not special codes are needed for telehealth reimbursement
- Name two types of services in telemental health that are likely to be covered by Medicare reimbursement—and under which conditions
- Explain “facility fee” and state the amount of reimbursement that can be obtained with its related CPT code
- State whether or not behavioral assessments are a covered service by Medicare
- Name the three resource groups that are available to practitioners who want to begin collecting reimbursement for telepractice services
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 3 CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)