BCTP™ CME, CE or Equivalent Renewal Requirements
Board Certified Telehealth Professional™ (BCTP™)credentialed professionals are required to complete annual training to maintain their excellence in telehealth. A variety of telehealth or technology-related training or equivalent experience can qualify:
Training: Any course offering professional training in telehealth or technology as offered by a state or national association representing a professional licensed professional group, provided that the course title includes a direct reference to telehealth or any of its derivative forms (telebehavioral health, telemental health, telemedicine, distance counseling, teletherapy, etc.) and/or technology. Training can be online, in-person, home-based panel presentations, seminars, workshops, or webinars, as defined by the CME or CE-approval bodies.
For example, the CME/CE approval can be given through any of the following national or state organizations approve the online course, workshop, seminar, conference, or webinar for CE:
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- American Clinical Social Work Association (ACSWA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psychiatric Association (APA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
- Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA)
- National Association for Social Workers (NASW)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- National Consortium of Telehealth Resource Centers (NCTRC)
- Any state-based groups associated with any of the national associations for which examples are provided above, or others.