The Telebehavioral Health Institute invites you to recertify your TBHI credential while upgrading to its new credential, the TBHI Board Certified Telehealth Professional Level I or Level II (BCTP-I or BCTP-II).
Transitioning to the BCTP-I or BCTP-II
As you may know, TBHI has been diligently developing the latest in credentialing excellence. TBHI is launching the new BCTP designmation in phases. The first two releases are described below. Although the entire process is not yet finalized, we are delighted to share our current process, invite feedback, and encourage you to share this adventure with us.
Level I and Level II
- These designations replace all earlier versions of TBHI credentials
- These credentials create a learning path of specialized, evidence-based, competency-based training that can be achieved in a matter of days rather than years
- Connote competency in telebehavioral health, as described in a growing number of peer-reviewed publications
TBHI invites all TBHI Learners who completed a 15 or 36-hour Certificate program between 2009 and 2020 to re-certify and automatically become eligible to complete requirements for their corresponding designation: TBHI Board Certified Telehealth Professional Level I or Level II.
All prior TBHI credentials are being retired and will no longer be supported by TBHI after September 30, 2020.
Processes, Training & Fees
Professionals who have earned their previous TBHI designation after March 2017 are invited to recertify without additional training. Those who completed their TBHI training more than 3 years ago are required to take an additional 6 hours of training to re-certify with TBHI’s new credential.
- All re-certification training is available at 35% off
- For each additional TBHI course, you will receive a digital badge for your social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) to distinguish yourself in many of your professional profiles
- Application and attestation fees are waived for all re-certifications submitted prior to September 1, 2020. Thereafter, a $75 fee will be charged
Additional BCTP-I or BCTP-II Information
Please click on your topic(s) of interest below.