TBHI is delighted to announce that Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (ASPPB) CEO, Dr. Mariann Burnetti-Atwell, is joining Dr. Marlene Maheu in Telebehavioral Health Institute’s (TBHI’s) “How to Legally Practice Over State Lines with Telebehavioral Health & Telemental Health” to describe PSYPACT and take questions.
About the ASPPB CEO
Mariann Burnetti-Atwell, PsyD, assumed the position of Chief Executive Officer of the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards on September 1, 2018. Before assuming this current position, Dr. Burnetti-Atwell served as the Senior Vice President of Behavior Health Services for the national correctional healthcare company, Corizon Health. For the 15 years prior to that role, Dr. Burnetti-Atwell provided behavioral health and administrative leadership to the State of Missouri in a variety of roles. In addition, she served on the Missouri State Committee of Psychologists through the appointments of two Missouri Governors and had been an active member on ASPPB’s Finance & Audit Committee.
About the TBHI Faculty
Dr. Maheu is a specialist in interjurisdictional issues (practicing over state lines) and has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 25,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions quickly and accurately.
Legally Practice Over State Lines Online Training
Are you curious about psychology’s new PSYPACT and what it means for your practice over state lines? Are you a non-psychologist who is hoping this legal precedent can open the doors for clinical services in your profession?
Many forward-thinking health care professionals have been waiting for something to change with respect to interjurisdictional practice. The PSYPACT represents a giant step forward for all behavioral health — in spite of its limitations. The TBHI webinar hour will be spent looking at what has been accomplished, what is still left to be accomplished and more importantly, action-items for all practitioners who wish to expand their services over state lines and international borders. Basic issues regarding good clinical practice, regulatory boards, and resources for practitioners as well as decisions makers in hospitals, agencies, and clinics will also be included.
Event Details: How to Legally Practice Over State Lines with Telebehavioral Health and Telemental Health
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Wednesday, June 19th, 2pm-3pm Eastern (11am-12pm Pacific)
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Live Webinar including access to view the recording, viewable presentation slides, and downloadable handout
- Cost: 1-CME or CE Hour for $49
- Describe the PSYPACT and how it can be of help to behavioral professionals wishing to practice over state lines.
- Name at least three essential functions of licensure.
- Identify two reasons why calling yourself a “coach” to practice over state lines or province lines when you are licensed get you in more trouble than it is worth.
- List at least one way your malpractice coverage can automatically be nullified, despite your carrier’s claims that you are “covered” for online practice.
- Outline the 2-step process for legally and ethically practicing over state lines and international borders.
- List at least four ways to keep abreast of interjurisdictional developments for free.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Private Training Discussions to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CME or CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Medical Education or Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CME or CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CME or CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CME or CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)