Join us for the Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, San Diego, August 29-31
International research firm Parks Associates will host the fourth-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, August 29-31 at the Omni Hotel in San Diego, CA. The event will analyze the roles of connected health technologies and innovations in driving changes in consumer behaviors and business models and is focused on data-driven, human-centric patient experience and engagement.
Recent research from Parks Associates shows consumers have an interest for new services like remote monitoring solutions and preventive care services. They desire more convenient and effective care, but the healthcare industry is still exploring and learning the best approaches to engage these consumers at various points of their care journey.
Recent connected health research by Parks Associates reveals:
- Employer-sponsored health and wellness programs as employee benefits suffer low utilization rates, and companies are still working to target and engage consumers with health management solutions.
- Caregivers’ adoption of technology for caregiving tasks has increased slightly – 44% now use at least one smartphone app to manage caregiving tasks, up from 41% in 2015.
- 14% of U.S. broadband households report being “very interested” in remote monitoring solutions.
- More than 70% of consumers would wait no more than 15 minutes when reaching out to medical professionals for real-time voice or video consultations.
- 70% of consumers using text messaging and secure email would prefer a response within two hours.
- Almost 9% of U.S. broadband households are using technology to track their sleep.
- 12% of U.S. broadband households own a digital pedometer or fitness tracker with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity.
Confirmed keynotes for the 2017 Connected Health Summit include Geisinger Health System, Sharecare, Inc., and UnitedHealth Group. The keynote speakers will highlight perspectives from care providers in planning and executing patient-centered care services and discuss the predictive and prescriptive power of data analytics in transforming care management practices.
The 2017 Advisory Board includes experts from AARP, Alarm.com, Carilion Clinic, CVS Health, Geisinger Health Systems, Healthways, a Sharecare company, higi, Humana Wellness Solutions, Independa, Inc., MDLIVE, Inc., Omron Healthcare, Inc., Philips, Samsung Electronics America, and UPMC Insurance Services.
Parks Associates is currently accepting speaker submissions for the Connected Health Summit and media are also invited to attend. For more information on attending, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt and #CONNHealth17. Subscribe to Parks Associates’ digital health newsletter at www.parksassociates.com/newsletters_subscribe.