Curious about using video teleconferencing for your practice? Not sure if Skype is HIPAA-compliant? Wondering why Skype won’t give you the “Business Associate” agreement required by HIPAA? The list of related questions posed by many of our colleagues is growing, and includes:
- What makes Skype unacceptable to Medicare, Medicaid or most 3rd party carriers?
- Which video platforms are considered legitimate and HIPAA-compliant?
- How else might HIPAA-compliant video teleconferencing assist mental health?
How might colleagues in foreign countries benefit from knowing about Skype & HIPAA? Over 50 viable HIPAA compliant video platforms are available for mental health. In this upcoming webinar, Dr. Maheu will answer frequently asked questions about these Skype alternatives to help you make more confident choices for your video platform. She’ll address:
- What types of systems are available?
- How are they similar?
- How do they differ?
- Which basic features are needed in a video platform?
- Which “add-on” features might be desirable?
- How does email fit into the picture?
- What does it mean to have a company sign a “Business Associate” agreement with you?
- How do you get a company to sign a “Business Associate” agreement?
- How does video services interface w/ practice management?
- How does video interface w/ Electronic Health Record (EHR)?
- How much do these systems cost?
Date: June 4, 2012
Time: 3:00 Pp.m. Eastern or 12:00 p.m. Pacific If you can’t attend, a recording will be made available to you for 48 hours after the event if you register here.
For a nominal fee, a 1-CE course based on this event is also available .