Change is in the air. Google’s Helpouts faces competition from not only American Well, but now, Doctors on Demand. We wish all these businesses the best, and caution mental health professionals signing up with these services as independent agents to look before they leap.
Professionals are encouraged to receive CE and CME professional training for legal, ethical and clinical issues before putting their licenses on the dotted line.
See these related articles for more information:
- Indeed, Skype Is Found to be Unacceptable for Telepsychiatry by Oklahoma Medical
- Google Steps into Mental Health with “Helpouts”
- How Might Licensed Professionals Think about Google’s “Helpouts?”
- Why Online Practice Can Be Harmful — Part I
- Why Online Practice Can be Harmful — Part II
- Why Online Practice Can Be Harmful — Part III
- NPR Blog Highlights Realities of Heath Care Reform