Legal and Ethical Strategies
1-hour Training Webinar
Interested in starting a telemental health practice but not quite sure how to get started?
Familiarize yourself with a successful online practice model that is HIPAA compliant and reimbursed by third-party payors. Identify resources to increase the success of your telemental health practice.
This interview of Mindy Mueller Psy.D. and Dawn Sampson, LCSW will examine their forward-looking business model for practicing telemental health that is both HIPAA compliant and consumer-oriented.
- History and development of a practical and effective telemental health practice model
- Legal and ethical alternatives to SKYPE
- Intake procedures, informed consent, and patient education for maintaining a telemental health practice
- Treatment protocols, guidelines, and regulations relevant to telemental health
- Managing mental health crisis for telemental health patients
- Scheduling, record keeping, and billing issues
- Imperative business and professional relationship