1 CE Hour Available
Overwhelmed with choosing the right online therapy technology?
Finding the right technology for telebehavioral health / telemental health can be difficult. Sorting through the primary technologies for behavioral health requires knowing which questions to ask about video conferencing for online therapy, distance counseling, telemental health, telebehavioral health, telepsychology, tele-nursing and telepsychiatry?. What are the pros/cons of including text-messaging, email and apps? What else do you need to know?
The good news is, TBHI is here to help. In this one-hour program, you can sit back, listen and easily learn the basics of how to choose the right behavioral health information technology for building a successful telepractice. You will learn how to choose the best HIPAA-compliant technology tools for your practice.
You will also be allowed to ask your own questions, and will receive a handout with 30 questions to ask your video vendor. Those same 30 questions will be useful when you consider adding other technologies to your digital toolkit as well. This program will help you make an informed choice about your technology, so as to avoid having to start all over next year with yet another technology choice.
Webinar Event Details: Skype Alternatives For HIPAA-Compliance
- Explain why privacy protection is the #1 technology-related concern by practitioners, insurers, licensing boards and other government agencies
- Describe 2 reasons that the use of Skype is not HIPAA-compliant
- Identify 3 different HIPAA compliant alternatives to Skype for videoconferencing
- Explain what it means to have a “Business Associate Agreement” and how to get one
- Explain how adherence to HIPAA & HITECH are relevant to both state law and ethical codes
- Identify at least 3 basic technology tools needed for telebehavioral health practice
Dr. Maheu is a specialist in telebehavioral health practice and has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telebehavioral health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff