How to Legally Practice Over State Lines with Telebehavioral Health and Telemental Health
1 CE Hour Available
Are you already practicing telemental health over state lines, or contemplating such practice?
Many forward-thinking health care professionals are drawn to practicing online because of the many inexpensive conveniences. The issue is that many are also unsure or simply incorrect about how to practice ethical and legal telebehavioral health and telemental health over state lines. They have questions about what they consider to be Skype therapy over state lines. They are finding plenty of information about practicing distance therapy legally and ethically, but the information is unwieldy and often, contradictory.
The good news is licensure is not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. This telemental health professional training program will outline the scope of distance therapy and detail telemental health licensure portability. You can easily learn what you need to know about licensure coverage for telemental health practice to have a thriving, worry-free, online practice.
Event Details: Practicing Telemental Health Over State Lines Webinar
- Name at least three essential functions of licensure
- Identify two reasons why calling yourself a “coach” to practice over state or province lines when you are licensed get you in more trouble than it is worth
- List at least one way your malpractice coverage can automatically be nullified, despite your carrier’s claims that you are “covered” for online practice
Dr. Maheu is a specialist in interjurisdictional practice (practicing over state lines) and has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
Post Your Question About Practicing Over State Lines Below
Please help us prepare for this training event by posting your #1 most burning question about practicing over state lines below. We will try to incorporate as many answers as possible into the event. See you there!