Telehealth Documentation & Administrative Compliance: Legal, Ethical and Other Requirements – Part III
6 CE Hours Available
Have you updated your telehealth documentation to address recent state and association specific requirements?
Reviewing your documents has never been easier. The Telebehavioral Health Institute can make this otherwise tedious process quick, easy and yes – even enjoyable (at times!)
This webinar series will help you spend just a few hours to get yourself in compliance with the rapidly evolving and surprising precise federal, state, as well as national accreditation and association requirements for telehealth documentation. You’ll be introduced to key concepts, documents and sample documents. You’ll be given assignments to review and then roll up your sleeves to augment your existing documentation to meet state, association and credentialing organizational’s standards for telehealth documentation. Whether you consider yourself a telehealth group or provider, and more specifically a telemental health, telebehavioral health or distance counseling provider, you’ll be given key principles, templates and handy checklists to get you informed, organized and in compliance with the rules you need to follow.
This course will help you address documentation concerns to consider including intake, progress notes, termination notes with respect to technical issues, interruptions, professionalism, and client/patient education.
Join us for this 3-part Webinar Series from the comfort of your desktop or mobile device. For every one hour in the webinar, you’ll be asked to spend an hour or two of your own time developing your own documents. Group interaction will be encouraged to maximize input from colleagues. Walk away with specific understanding of key standards, guidelines, competencies; your augmented documents in hand; and 6 hours of CE for your next licensure renewal (if your state accepts APA, NBCC, ASWB or NAADAC CE Hours – see details below). Update your documentation practices and thereby manage your risk with this TBHI Telehealth Documentation Webinar Series.
The first and second lectures were given on August and September, but is fully recorded and available 24/7 in the TBHI Learning Center. The remaining live segment is scheduled for October 10th 2018 from 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific. Attendees are invited to register before or after any one of these live events. Past events have been fully recorded and are available along with slides for repeated review as needed. Participants may also be eligible to receive a total of 6 CE Hours for legal and ethical training as required by a majority of state licensing boards. See TBHI CE Hour details here to verify such CE approval status.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify at least two types of documents to use as a source for their specific discipline’s relevant documentation requirements for telemental health, telebehavioral health and/or distance counseling
- Describe where to go to quickly and easily get relevant documentation standards and/or guidelines
- Intelligently discuss why and when to think about technology-relevant standards published by groups such as JCAHO, URAC, COA, and CARF
- Name where to go to learn about relevant federal and state regulations related to telepractice
- Describe the role of other professionals in reviewing documentation requirements and where to find such professionals when needed
- Describe documentation requirements related to team-based approaches to delivering telebehavioral health care (i.e., integrated care) that go beyond one’s specific disciplinary telehealth requirements
Documentation Series Event Details:
Dr. Maheu is a specialist in telebehavioral health practice and has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health / telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telebehavioral health services in these disciplines:
- Physicians, Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Medical Office and Other Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff