Maximizing Telehealth Reimbursement: New Billing, Coding & Credentialing Strategies for 2019
1 CME/CE Hour Available
Not sure if you or your organization will get paid for telepractice?
This webinar will explain a number of successful strategies to get paid for telepractice today. Dr. Maheu will present the latest telebehavioral and telemental health billing information to help you get a firm grasp of how to maximize your telepractice revenue, work legally and ethically — and develop your services for new markets. She will discuss the two types of credentialing for you to decide which applies to you, and how to most quickly and easily achieve the credentialing that you need.
Whether you are a large or small organization, serve as a CEO, billing & coding professional, or deliver direct care as an independent practitioner, this webinar will give you clear and concise answers to these questions:
- Which telemental health services are currently reimbursable?
- Are online fees the same as in-person fees?
- What are Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement requirements?
- Which new technology-based services are newly reimbursable?
- When is credentialing required for telemental health billing and how is that best accomplished?
- Which 3rd party insurers are paying and which CPT codes need to be used?
- What’s happening with DSM-5 and ICD-10 coding?
- Do reimbursement rates differ across geographic areas?
- Is telephone work reimbursable under new telemental health opportunities?
- How is inter-state practice relevant to telemental health billing?
- How to think about HIPAA and using credit cards or other electronic services for billing
- Where to go to stay on top of this rapidly evolving area of telemental health billing?
Event Details: Maximizing Telehealth Reimbursement
- Identify at least 3 CPT codes that have been approved for behavioral telehealth reimbursement by the US federal government
- Explain which modifier code to use instead of the previous -GT modifier code
- Explain the difference between “G” codes and “9” codes — and how using the wrong one means you won’t get paid
- Name the “place of service” code to use
- Name at least three places to go for accurate, timely and free information about telepractice billing
Dr. Maheu has been an industry leader in telehealth since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 25,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She has given more than 400 professional presentations is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telehealth services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff