The Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Science (CTiBS) invites you to review a set of proposed interdisciplinary telemental health competencies. Reviewers will have a chance to win one of several valuable prizes described below.
Telemental Health Competencies
As you are probably aware, behavioral health options using teleconferencing, mobile technology, and other forms of telecommunications are evidence-based, ethical, legal, and therefore viable options for 21st Century behavioral healthcare. CTiBS has identified and drafted a proposed set of core telemental health competencies that are intended to comply with legal and professional ethical mandates. Your feedback about the draft competencies is requested and needed to make them truly consensus-based.
When you respond, your name will be entered into a drawing for one of these valuable prizes:
1. $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com
2. One of 10 Gold Certificate Professional Training programs offered by the TeleMental Health
3. A certificate for a 2-month free trial period for the PSYBooks EHR
4. 50GB of free, HIPPA compliant storage with your EHR with your new PSYBooks subscription
Telemental Health Competency Feedback Directions
As you review the Telemental Health Competencies document, please consider the following questions:
1. Have we adequately and appropriately differentiated the three proficiency levels for each
2. Is there a topic area or competency not included and that you believe ought to be included?
3. Is the content too broad to be helpful or too narrow to be applicable to most practitioners of
The comment period will close and prizes will be awarded on September 30, 2016. We thank you in advance for your participation. CTiBS would appreciate your sharing information about this review
request with your colleagues. Please respond to the competencies statement here.
CTiBS is a non-profit organization devoted to advancing responsible use of technology in the interprofessional, international behavioral communities. Consider joining us and benefiting from participating in a variety of ways, including receiving a new jounral dedicated to advancing technology in our fields. Click this link to see details of how just $1 per year can make you a member of CTiBS.