The Center for Telehealth and e-Health Law is important resource for U.S.-based healthcare practitioners. It offers information about law, ehealth, telemedicine and telehealth.
Some of their publications are available for free online. Other publications limited to paid members. Member costs are $175/yr for individuals and $1,500/yr for organizations.
Free publications you can find at their website include:
- Summary of Findings: Malpractice and Telemedicine
- Telepsychiatry and Internet Prescribing: A Legal Overview and Case Investigation
- 50 State Survey and Analysis on Licensure Laws for Nurse Practitioners
Other publications available to their paying members include:
A list of publications limited to members includes:
- Tele-Medical Malpractice: Negligence in the Practice of Telemedicine and Related Issues
- Federal Communications Commission’s National Broadband Plans and its Impact on Telehealth
- 50 State Physician Licensure Consultation Report
A list of future planned publications include:
- 50 State Analysis: A Survey of State Privacy Laws
- 50 State Analysis: Prescribing Standards for Telemedicine
State Analysis: Prescribing Standards for Telemedicine
- How HIPAA Privacy Impacts Telemedicine
- Physicians: What’s your liability if you do not use telemedicine?
- Telemedicine: Which standard of care do you follow?