Is Telehealth Credentialing Giving You a Headache?
The Telebehavioral Health Institute is here to help.
There are two types of “credentialing” for telehealth, one for training, and the other for reimbursement. They are related to one another, but traditionally they are quite different:
- Training: Obtaining a “credential” such as a certificate or certification for having completed evidence-based training. The Telebehavioral Health Institute (TBHI) is founded on competencies established in the early publications of Dr. Maheu in 2001, and shortly thereafter, Drs. Maheu, Pulier and Mcmenamin in 2004. (These concepts are more recently elaborated in Dr. Maheu’s most recent publication as Chair of the CTiBS Telebehavioral Health Competencies Task Force. Download your freee copy of this article here.) Such training is currently-available from the Telebehavioral Health Institute (TBHI). Such training is available from TBHI in two forms:
- In-person training by a qualified TBHI speaker. Dr. Maheu and her team of professional speakers are available to speak at your local facility. To see past presentation topics, see Dr. Maheu’s current and past speaking schedule. Contact here for specific pricing.
- eLearning – all competency-based training is available online, is available 24/7, is self-paced (start and stop when you are available) and self-directed (provides over 1,000 links to additional resources online.)
- Reimbursement. Telehealth credentialing is a process whereby practitioners become eligible for reimbursement by third parties. Such credentialing has to do with a third party verifying your eligibility for payment in the eyes of a payor. It is unrelated to telemental health training.
TBHI can now help you with consultation to help you organize your efforts toward:
- Background Check
- Insurance Carriers
- We make the introduction to telehealth specialty professionals; you negotiate your own fees and terms
If telemental health credentialing is giving you a headache for any reason, TBHI can help. Contact TBHI via email for more information.