101 – Introduction to Telemental Health Theory and Practice
6 CE Hours Available * This course qualifies for Legal & Ethical CE Hours.
This training course is offered 24/7, available complete at your own pace (anytime within 6 months from registration date)
This 100% online course introduces you to the decades of scientific research that have shaped online counseling and telemental health today, starting in 1959! The discussion starts with definitions, a theoretical overview as per the scientific literature to introduce ethical, legal, clinical, technical and yes — even reimbursement strategies.
Get ready for an online educational adventure of a lifetime! Taught by a world-class faculty whose passion has led the field for more than two decades, you will appreciate the benefit that only decades of experience can deliver: the immediate ability to integrate and deliver the facts in a single, incisive voice to help you get the point, extract the legal and ethical “to-do’s,” and get yourself started toward building your own legal, ethical and evidence-based telepractice within hours. Register now, read from the comfort of your home or office, and print your CE certificate today!
Topics* (Click on titles below to see details.)
*These topics meet states’ identified telemental health competency requirements as they have been released to date (California, Georgia, etc.)
As you probably have noticed with our detailed descriptions above, we take our your training quite seriously. To know how your colleagues feel about their experiences with us, glance at some of the spontaneous statements they’ve given us on this page. If you want to learn a lot, enjoy the process and meet an extraordinary group of world-wide colleagues from our community, join us today to enjoy a learning experience that is off the chart! We are so sure you’ll enjoy the experience, that we offer you a 100%, 30-day money back guarantee.
Event Details: 101 – Introduction to Telemental Health Theory and Practice
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Identify at least 3 basic definitions used in telemental health
- Intelligently discuss at least 3 primary legal concerns to be addressed in telemental health
- Intelligently discuss at least 3 primary ethical concerns to be addressed in telemental health
- List at least 3 legitimate ways to approach online assessment
- Describe at least 2 issues of relevance to practicing over state lines
- Identify which of the many technologies used today meets HIPAA, HITECH and PIPEDA requirements
- Identify which of the technologies (video, email, text messaging, phone) used today is preferred by insurance companies
- Show where to access more than 3,000 searchable evidence-based references for telemental health
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Dr. Pulier has been a Board Certified psychiatrist since the early 1970s and has worked as a clinician, researcher, administrator and teacher. He was the Medical Psychiatric Director for a multi-state managed care division of PruCare and co-founded and co-directed a private multidisciplinary mental health clinic tailored for managed care needs. He designed and constructed a novel affordable computer-controlled all-electronic tachistoscope and served as PhD thesis adviser for a Fairleigh Dickenson University graduate student using this instrument to investigate backward masking phenomena in schizophrenia.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 6 CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)