ICD-10 / DSM-5 Coding, Documentation, and Clinical Diagnostic Criteria Training ©
Easy ICD-10 / DSM-5 Training from the Convenience of Your Desktop
You’ve made a wise choice to get ready for the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) transition. No need to wade through frustrating Internet searches, sit in a classroom, or wait for your vendor to get it straight. Free yourself of anxieties about complicated code sets and reimbursement rejection notices.
Skills, strategies and solutions await you from one of the country’s most sought after experts, Lisette Wright, MA, LP. She’ll guide you through her integrated strategies to help you eliminate the cash flow delays and insurance pay-backs as the result of transitioning to ICD-10. Get ready for a delightful video or audio-training that will help you energize and maximize your financial systems.
Ms. Wright will help you maximize your time with the convenience of eLearning, so you can focus on patient care, not ICD-10 revenue disruptions. Get the information you need for a smooth ICD-10 transition from the convenience of your desktop or tablet, anytime you want. She’ll speed up your ICD-10/ DSM-5 reimbursement processes and can be available for your questions as you go!
ICD-10 is a medical billing and coding system used internationally. Now that it is in its 10th edition, it is being adopted by the United States for all of healthcare, including behavioral healthcare. No provider or provider group will be exempt.
This multi-modal, eLearning course will help you understand the transition from the current ICD-9 / DSM-IV-TR to the new ICD-10 / DSM-5. It will help:
- Give you clear, actionable direction
- Provide you detailed instruction, strategies and shortcuts for the ICD-10 transition
- Give you a roadmap to maximize your billing and documentation processes
- Explain needed changes, then supply you with information and resources to make the changes now
- Help you speak to your billing staff and EHR vendors in a way that will help you minimize the risk of operational and revenue cycle delays
Objectives of the Course(s)
As a result of this training, participants will learn:
- The history and use of the ICD in our industry as well as the relationship between the ICD-10 and DSM-5 code sets
- HIPAA and CMS coding and documentation rules for ICD-10 diagnosing and recording
- The correct way of coding and assigning a diagnosis code to a consumer for purposes of reimbursement
- How to navigate the Tabular and Alphabetic Indices of the ICD-10
- The clinical criteria differences, timeframes, and thresholds between the ICD and DSM manuals in each corresponding diagnostic category, including Substance Use
How is this course structured?
This course has six modules to help you maximize your reimbursement turnaround potential. Each has been carefully developed to help you quickly discover how to accelerate your payment productivity and accuracy with both coding and documentation.
The modules are formatted to meet your needs:
- Audio recording for your listening at the gym, driving, or anywhere you want to be
- Video recording for your active engagement on your computer or mobile device
- Slides to scroll through quickly for locating specific facts without waiting
- Community Forum for asking questions, getting answers and learning from your like-minded colleagues 24/7
- Live Interactive Component: Twice-monthly teleconsults to get your questions fully answered in real time by Lisette Wright, MA. No need to get anxious about this process. Lisette will be there to guide the group for a full hour. Learn from your colleagues, too. They will undoubtedly ask questions that haven’t yet occurred to you.
- Access to full recordings of teleconsults to replay as often as you deem appropriate.
Choose from the two training program options below:
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
Questions? [NEED TO BE EDITED]
The Gold Certificate training is best for you if you work within an agency setting that is already set up to legally and ethically practice telemental health. Your technology has been chosen, vetted, and installed by professionals and perhaps even your agency’s Information Technology (IT) staff. Your legal office has approved a full informed consent process and document for working with clients and patients. Your clinical staff has developed a well-defined emergency plan based on local community resources and an integrated response system is in place if an emergency arises at the client/patient site. Your supervisors know what might go wrong and contingency plans are in place. Your malpractice carrier is on board and you have the appropriate malpractice policy in place. Your billing staff already knows the appropriate telehealth billing codes, place of service designations and telehealth modifiers. You just need some basic legal, ethical and clinical information about how to think about what has been set up for you. You will benefit by the fundamentals as to help you think through the issues to see the bigger clinical picture and how it all ties together into delivering responsible, professional care. The Platinum Certificate training is best for you if you need to do all the above on your own, without an IT department, legal office, billing staff or clinical staff or supervisors to help you think through the issues. The Platinum program will help you choose your technology, decide whether or not to use videoconferencing, email, text-messaging and other technologies; set up your virtual office and clinical protocols to follow current telepractice guidelines and learn how to get paid for your services.
- Easily gain a comfortable, working knowledge of the evidence-base supporting the implementation of best practices for telepsychiatry (telepsych), telepsychology, distance counseling or online counseling, etherapy and online therapy (whatever you call it)
- Enjoy an exciting, convenient eLearning environment to access courses anytime, anywhere with an Internet connection
- All courses are self-paced, well-written and evidence-based, with summaries, checklists and clear “to-dos”
- Courses offered in written form (text) with video and audio clips to illustrate key points
- Popular webinars offered as Bonuses (not required)
- 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee
- The Gold Certificate Program is included in the Platinum Certificate Program.
- You are invited to take the coursework in any order you deem appropriate, but they have been written sequentially to build on one another.
- If you need a special package tailored to your needs, contact us.
- Courses are available with or without CE Hours (See this page for disciplines approving CE and CME Hours through TMHI)
- Take all courses and pass post-tests online
- Print your Course Completion Certificate immediately at your own desktop for your licensing board
American Psychological Association (APA), the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and American Medical Association (AMA) approved CE Hours (or CME Hours for physicians) in the United States and Canada. Social work and nursing CE Hours are formally approved in California, and approved by most other states. For details of CE and CME approvals, see this page.
- If you have questions about how training works or which course is right for you, please fill out the form.
- We also have a FAQ page.
Click here for Continuing Education details.
In cosponsorship with Alliant International University, the following approvals apply: The American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists, the California Board of Behavioral Sciences to provide continuing education for MFTs, LCSWs and LPCCs (provider #PCE234), the California Board of Registered Nursing to provide continuing education for Nurses (provider #CEP11235). Alliant maintains responsibility for the program and its contents.
TeleMental Health Institute Inc. has been approved by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6708. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC Credit are clearly identified. TeleMental Health Institute, Inc. is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
TMHI Training is also approved for AMA CME Hours. Contact us for details.