102 – Introduction to Telemental Health Theory and Practice
6 CE Hours Available * This course qualifies for Legal & Ethical CE Hours.
This training course is offered 24/7, available complete at your own pace (anytime within 6 months from registration date)
This course introduces you to the 50 years of scientific research that have shaped online counseling and telemental health today. The discussion starts with definitions, a theoretical overview of the field as per findings in the scientific literature, and introduces ethical, legal and reimbursement strategies.
- Key Terminology & Definitions
- Technologies used for Mental Health
- Cornerstone Ethical Issues
- Basic Clinical Issues
- Reimbursement Issues
Event Details: 102 – Introduction to Telemental Health Theory and Practice
- Where: 100% Online
- Format: Online Activity. Distance Education through Online study: interaction includes discussion forum between other trainees and TBHI staff, online readings, illustrative media, automatically graded Post-test, and more (all material for training accessed through computer) – Asynchronous
- When: Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Cost: $149 (includes 6-CE Hours)
- Identify and understand definitions used in online counseling, telemental health as well as telemedicine and telehealth
- Identify 3 factors present in the 5 leading and successful online counseling or telemental health treatment venues as described in the scientific literature
- Name at least 3 primary legal concerns to be addressed with online practice
- Name at least 3 primary ethical concerns to be addressed with online practice
- Identify at least 1 type of federally funded reimbursement program available today and the technology required to receive such reimbursement
- Discuss at least 1 possible future application for online counseling and psychotherapy or telemental health
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Dr. Pulier has been a Board Certified psychiatrist since the early 1970s and has worked as a clinician, researcher, administrator and teacher. He was the Medical Psychiatric Director for a multi-state managed care division of PruCare and co-founded and co-directed a private multidisciplinary mental health clinic tailored for managed care needs. He designed and constructed a novel affordable computer-controlled all-electronic tachistoscope and served as PhD thesis adviser for a Fairleigh Dickenson University graduate student using this instrument to investigate backward masking phenomena in schizophrenia.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 6 CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
With 6 CE-Hours $149
Without CE-Hours $129
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply
For accessibility accommodations, please Contact Us