301 – Telehealth Reimbursement Strategies: Increasing Authorization & Payment
3 CME/CE Hours Available
Want to know exactly how you’ll get telehealth reimbursement? From collecting legitimate cash payments online to 3rd party payor, Medicare or Medicaid, this “how-to,” practical course will quickly outline relevant telehealth reimbursement law, regulations and proper procedures for submitting forms and successfully getting paid.
Definitions are given to help the practitioner become familiar with telehealth billing essential terms and their meanings. Issues related to procedures, approved telehealth modifier codes, permitted treatment sites, types of patient diagnoses and licensure requirements for professionals are examined. Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Pay (or private insurance) requirements and strategies are discussed in detail. Examples are provided to give guidance. Updated specialty codes designed specifically for telehealth are reviewed in detail, as are telehealth modifier codes that are essential to getting paid.
Practical suggestions are at the core of this training experience. A range of support documentation and materials are included to effectively equip you to maximize reimbursement for telehealth. Although the program has a particular focus on telebehavioral and telemental health reimbursement, principles are applicable to all telehealth billing and coding professionals. Join us today and learn how to maximize payment for telehealth!
Event Details: 301 – Telehealth Reimbursement Strategies: Increasing Authorization & Payment
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Cost: $149 (includes 3-CME or CE Hours)
- State whether or not special codes are needed for telehealth reimbursement
- Identify the type of technology that is typically required for telehealth reimbursement
- Discuss why the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is pivotal for telehealth reimbursement with all insurers in the U.S.
- Describe where to get a current CPT code list for telehealth as well as telebehavioral health billing
- Explain why your malpractice insurance won’t reimburse for services over state lines in a state where you do not hold a professional license
- Identify the acceptable telehealth Place of Service Code (POS) on a CMS 1500 claim form
- List the two behavioral health professions that are not allowed to bill Medicare or Medicaid for telehealth
- Identify two types of services in telemental health that are likely to be covered by CMS reimbursement—and under which conditions
- Describe the telehealth “facility fee” and who can use it
- Outline which behavioral assessments can lead to telehealth reimbursement
- Name the CPT code for Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
- Name the CPT code for Virtual Check-Ins
- Name the CPT code for Interprofessional Internet Consultation
- Identify the three FREE resource groups that are available to practitioners who want to begin collecting telehealth reimbursement
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telehealth services in these disciplines:
- Physicians, Osteopaths, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 3 CME or CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Medical Education or Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CME or CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CME or CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CME or CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
Telehealth Reimbursement Strategies: Increasing Authorization & Payment ($149)
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply