801 – 6 Fundamentals for Setting Up Your Video-Based Office
Develop Your Core Competencies for Using Video-Based Teleconferencing for Clinical Services or Supervision
6 CE Hours Available
This focused, advanced training program is an intensive 100% online experience designed for professionals who want a clear, focused roadmap to setting up their telepractice office.
This course of study will help you choose the right technology (hardware and software) and anticipate problems that are likely to occur. Dr. Maheu will literally show you the differences between technologies; she will show you her desktop and office in this video-based course and will help you think about how to set up your own office. You then will learn how to educate your client/patient about the technology they choose to use, and help you understand how to address the myriad clinical problems that can arise.
Developing your core competencies with both the technical and clinical issues involved with video teleconferencing will also help you meet your legal and ethical requirements. Dr. Maheu will also give you a peek into the future of behavioral technology to help you make wise investments of time and energy to strategically plan for your upcoming technology needs.
Event Details: 801 – 6 Fundamentals for Setting Up Your Video-Based Office
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Cost: $495 (includes 6-CE Hours)
- Name at least 2 factors that render Skype unacceptable for health care as per NASW and APA
- Explain the benefits of getting a Business Associate Agreement
- Name five elements of a good office set-up for telepractice
- Identify at least three issues to address when educating your client/patient about video-based behavioral care
- Describe three elements of a recommended opening protocol for every video teleconferencing (VTC) session with a client or patient
- Explain at least two current factors that will impinge the future of mental health care, and how video teleconferencing (VTC) adoption today will help move a practitioner into a competitively advantageous position to succeed in mental health care both today and tomorrow
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
- Access to the FULL VTC spreadsheet, with name of leading VTC companies claiming HIPAA-compliance, URLs, type of service, MAC compatibility, secured email, secured chat, electronic health records, convenient contact information, pricing structure and much more.
Noted Author, Trainer and Telehealth Ethicist, Dr. Maheu has been consulting with videoconferencing companies since 1994s and brings a wealth of information to every meeting to help you better understand how to use technology to serve your particular clients/patients.
6 Fundamentals for Setting Up Your Video-Based Office ($495)
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply