Marlene M. Maheu, PhD
Dr. Marlene Maheu is a telehealth pioneer, publisher, consultant, author, trainer, and founder of Telehealth.org, LLC. She has written five peer-reviewed telehealth textbooks, 50+ book chapters and journal articles. Catering to her direct audience of more than 600,000 professionals who read one or more of the company’s 57 newsletters, she has personally written more than 1,000 digital articles.
- Dr. Marlene Maheu has served on a dozen professional association committees and task forces related to telemental health to assist with developing telehealth and technology standards, guidelines, and other consensus documents.
- A strong proponent of interprofessional telehealth training, Dr Maheu has developed more than 70 hours of Master Class training in the form of LIVE and on-demand telehealth CME, CNE, and CE hours through Telehealth.org.
- She has directly trained more than 66,000 professionals in telehealth since 1994, and presented at national and international conferences with more than a hundred other speakers.
- Maheu was the Committee Chair and lead author of the first published competencies for telemental health and now serves as an expert witness in telehealth-related legal cases.
- Her 57 telehealth newsletters are read by more than 5,500,000 professionals annually.
- She founded and is the CEO of the non-profit Coalition for Technology in Behavioral Science and its journal, the Journal for Technology in Behavioral Science.
Watch the short video below to learn more about Dr. Marlene Maheu
A pioneer and industry leader, Dr. Maheu will help your organization develop a strategic plan to meet the unique needs of your setting and the population you serve. Drawing on resources developed over the decades, she will help you comply with requirements, give you a competitive edge, and choose the right technologies to get the job done without needless complications.
Keynoter, Speaker & Trainer
Dr. Maheu combines 21st Century technology solutions with real-life examples, whether she delivers her keynote or workshop in-person, or virtually. She will inspire, amuse, and empower your audience with actionable strategies with the clinical wisdom that only develops with diligence over time.
A favorite telehealth speaker for hospitals, clinics, agencies, start-up companies, industry conferences, universities, associations as well as private training groups, Dr. Maheu has the breadth of experience to make your event a success. Whether national or international, medical or behavioral, you and your group will be delighted.
Marlene Maheu, PhD Publications
Search for your topics
of interest in Dr. Maheu’s
Having practiced for more than 35 years in San Diego, Dr. Maheu’s breadth of experience as a California C/MFT and Licensed Psychologist are reflected in her research and speaking.
What the Community Is Saying about Marlene Maheu, PhD
See what your colleagues are saying about Telehealth.org and Dr. Marlene Maheu.
Dr. Maheu is psychology’s telehealth visionary, leading our colleagues through professional training in ethics and innovative technologies since the mid-90’s.
Pat DeLeon, PhD, MPH, JD
Telehealth.org provided invaluable research and consultation to help us develop innovative telebehavioral solutions for one of our fortune 100 Hi-Tech clients. We were very impressed as were our clients.
Marlene is a true innovator in bringing technology to the mental health field. Her books are a must and I recommend them to my students.
President/CEO – Masi Research Consultants Inc.
For nearly 20 years Marlene has been the leader in thought, training, and advocacy regarding the impact of technology on mental health professions.
The Telehealth.org provides all of the essential training needed. Courses are unsurpassed, unique, and contain everything one needs to know in order to start practicing. Upon completing this training, a provider is “ready to go.”
I wanted to establish a task force on ‘new media,’ but only if Marlene Maheu, a long-time leader in telepsychology, would agree to be its chair. She did, and the task force exceeded my highest hopes.”