203 – Telepractice Documentation Guidelines
3-Part Online Mini-Conference
6 CE Hours Available * This course qualifies for Legal & Ethical CE Hours.
This training course is offered 24/7, available complete at your own pace (anytime within 6 months from registration date)
The American Psychological Association AND the American Telemedicine Association have recently released specific guidelines for the practice of telemental health and online therapy.
Participate in our 100% online mini-conference and benefit from our analyses and comparison of both guidelines. Get access to our easy 1-page checklist to help you stay organized with these guidelines for every client/patient. Join us for this 3-part Online Mini-Conference from the comfort of your desktop or mobile device. Walk away with specific “next steps” for developing a compliant, profitable and practical telepractice. You too, can reach larger groups of clients/patients who want your help. Manage your risk with this APA and ATA Telepractice Guidelines Mini-Conference.
Event Details: 203 – Telepractice Documentation Guidelines
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Identify at least one issue to address in an opening protocol for practicing online
- Name three technical issues to address when educating a client/patient about obtaining services online
- Intelligently discuss why and how to proceed when someone enters a client’s room during a call
- Name at least five behaviors that are not appropriate on the part of clients when using video
- Describe two functions served by a local champion
- Name at least two issues addressed by the APA telepsychology guidelines (Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology) that are relevant to client/patient education
- Name at least two issues addressed by the ATA telemental health guidelines (Practice Guidelines for Video-Based Online Mental Health Services) say about patient education in telemental health
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 6 CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)