Telehealth.org Quality Improvement Procedures
Telehealth.org is dedicated to offering professional training and consultation that comply with the American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the Association of Social Work Boards, NAADAC, and the National Board of Certified Counselors. As a community service to all its users, it is proud to offer quality improvement policy information for users to make suggestions. Our quality improvement policies are described in detail below.
Telehealth.org Quality Improvement Policies
Telehealth.org complies with legal and ethical requirements for promotional activities, content, and program participants. The monitoring and assessment of quality improvement with these standards is the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of the advisory group. The Education Chair is Marlene M. Maheu, PhD.
Although Telehealth.org assures fair treatment for all professionals and anticipates problems as much as possible, there may be occasional issues that come to the attention of the training staff. These issues may require intervention and action by the training staff or officer of Telehealth.org. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such quality improvement issues.
How to Submit a Policy Improvement Suggestion
When a participant, either orally or in written format, submits a quality improvement suggestion, the following actions can be expected:
- Learners are asked to file their concerns regarding the behavior of a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, the format and style of the presentation, the facilities in which the event was held, the technology involved in delivering the presentation, non-receipt of certificates, or any other occurrence, the request will be reviewed by the Education Chair and forwarded to the speaker, facility or technical staff, assuring the confidentiality of the Learner.
- The Learner is assured that all written requests supported by documentation will be discussed using a democratic procedure whereby the CME & CE Planning Committee will review the issue and render a written decision within 45 calendar days.
- Potential resolutions will include:
- Moving the participant to another cohort of the same Telehealth.org event or on-demand offering
- Issuing a credit to be applied toward another Telehealth.org course or event
- Providing a partial refund of the fee.
Suggested improvements are fully documented. Please send your suggestions by using the form below.