TBHI Telehealth.org Quality Improvement Procedure
The Telebehavioral Health Institute, LLC (TBHI Telehealth.org) follows company policies regarding professional training that comply with the American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the Association of Social Work Boards, NAADAC, and the National Board of Certified Counselors.
TBHI Telehealth.org complies with legal and ethical requirements for promotional activities, program content, and treatment program participants. The monitoring and assessment of quality improvement with these standards is the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of the advisory group. The Education Chair is Marlene M. Maheu, PhD.
Although TBHI Telehealth.org assures fair treatment for all professionals and anticipates problems as much as possible, there may be occasional issues that come to the attention of the training staff. These issues may require intervention and action by the training staff or officer of TBHI Telehealth.org. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such quality improvement issues.
When a participant, either orally or in written format, submits a quality improvement suggestion, the following actions can be expected:
- Learners are asked to file their concerns regarding the behavior of a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, the format and style of the presentation, the facilities in which the event was held, the technology involved in delivering the presentation, non-receipt of certificates, or any other occurrence, the request will be reviewed by the Education Chair and forwarded to the speaker, facility or technical staff, assuring the confidentiality of the Learner.
- The Learner is assured that all written grievances supported by documentation will be discussed using a democratic procedure whereby the CME & CE Planning Committee will review the issue and render a written decision within 45 days.
- Potential resolutions will include:
- Moving the participant to another cohort of the same TBHI Telehealth.org event or on-demand offering
- Issuing a credit to be applied toward another TBHI Telehealth.org event
- Providing a partial refund of the fee.
Suggested improvements are fully documented.