- Rather than just rolling with the clinical punches thrown by the “remoteness” or distance issue, how can we put our discoveries to use and throw our weight behind those X-Factors to benefit the health both of our clients and of our practice?
- In which precise ways are technological approaches an enhancement rather than a limiting factor in mental health care?
- Which are the new technologies that can be used to benefit a specific client population, either synchronously or asynchronously?
- How can we perhaps devise new approaches to working with the populations with whom we have specialized?
- How can telepractice intakes, informed consent and emergencies be handled best?
- How does one handle emergencies legally, ethically and clinically?
Course Details: 601 – Advanced Clinical Telepractice Issues (w/ Handling Online Emergencies)
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Available 24/7 to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- Identify one clinical population for which telephone-based interventions have been shown effective in multiple scientific studies
- Discuss the history and evolution of videoconferencing guidelines
- Name at least 1 clinical advantage and disadvantage to working asynchronously online in mental health
- Outline the benefits of understanding the scientific literature related to telepractice with the clinical population you serve
- Discuss 2 safety differences between traditional telehealth practice and delivering telehealth in “unsupervised settings”
- Name 3 complications related to telepractice
- Name at least two approaches to handling clinical emergencies in telepractice
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 15,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Dr. Pulier has been a Board Certified psychiatrist since the early 1970s and has worked as a clinician, researcher, administrator and teacher. He was the Medical Psychiatric Director for a multi-state managed care division of PruCare and co-founded and co-directed a private multidisciplinary mental health clinic tailored for managed care needs. He designed and constructed a novel affordable computer-controlled all-electronic tachistoscope and served as PhD thesis adviser for a Fairleigh Dickenson University graduate student using this instrument to investigate backward masking phenomena in schizophrenia.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- All materials are included with this course
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TBHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 3 CE Hours, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)