Archives of TBHI News
Past issues of the TBHI News are weekly summaries of telebehavioral health and telemental health industry news. They are focused on emerging trends, funding, and reimbursement developments, as well as legislative and regulatory policy issues that could influence business decisions in the day-to-day practice of behavioral healthcare.
Each weekly issue contains 8-12 hand-selected articles of relevance to behavioral healthcare decision-makers of all types. Due to space constraints, the TBHI News list of topics below can only mention the lead article. Click titles to see the full issues. To have weekly issues delivered to your email inbox, register here for free.
2018 TBHI Newsletters
- 12/17/2018 — New Schizophrenia, Bipolar & Depression Tx: Smartphone/Ingestible Capsule
- 12/10/2018 — VA Announces Telehealth Partnerships With Walmart, Philips, T-Mobile
- 12/3/2018 — FDA Approves First mHealth Treatment for Substance Abuse
- 11/27/2018 — CMS Congressional Report: 85.4% of all Telehealth Users Had Mental Health Diagnosis
- 11/19/2018 — Academic Psychiatry Publishes “A Framework of Interprofessional Telebehavioral Health Competencies”
- 11/14/2018 — Legally Practicing Across State Lines: Online Therapy, Telemental Health & Telebehavioral Health
- 11/10/2018 — CMS to Reimburse Providers for Remote Patient Monitoring Services
- 11/1/2018 — SUPPORT Act Expands Telehealth for Substance Use Treatment
- 10/25/2018 — Telehealth Vendor Pleads Guilty in $1B Fraud Scheme
- 10/15/2018 — Why Your Practice Needs to Track Phone Call Quality
- 10/11/2018 — New AMA CPT Codes Help Telehealth
- 10/1/2018 — 5 Need-To-Know Policy Leaps in Telehealth
- 9/24/2018 — Stanford Researchers Use an mHealth Patch to Measure Teenager Stress
- 9/17/2018 — How Healthcare Professionals Are Using Social Media
- 9/10/2018 — Amazon’s “Alexa” Service for Providers?
- 9/3/2018 — Partners, Teladoc Launch Direct-to-Consumer Telehealth Service
- 8/29/2018 — Company Embeds Microchips in Its Employees, and They Love It
- 8/20/2018 — Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Others Boosting Healthcare IT Role
- 8/13/2018 — US Federal Government Takes Notable Strides Toward Supporting Telehealth
- 8/6/2018 — U.S. Telehealth Reimbursement: Jaw-Dropping OIG Audit
- 8/1/2018 — Groups Sue Anthem Over Telehealth Policy
- 7/23/2018 — Australian Study of 61 Apps Finds Many Unsafe for Mental Health
- 7/16/2018 — Telehealth Reimbursement ALERT
- 7/8/2018 — American Well Raises $290M+ to Go Bigger in Telehealth
- 7/2/2018 — Competencies Established for Telebehavioral Health!
- 6/25/2018 — New Telehealth CPT Code for Remote Patient Monitoring?
- 6/17/2018 — Google’s Next Mission: Healthcare
- 6/13/2018 — FCC Introduces Funding Increase for Telehealth
- 6/4/2018 — New Bills to Increase Substance Abuse Telehealth Funding
- 5/28/2018 — mhealth as Effective as in Person Care for Serious Mental Illness?
- 5/21/2018 — Reimbursable Services to the Home?
- 5/14/2018 — Landmark Ruling: VA Officially Approves Telemental Health Across State Lines
- 5/7/2018 — Update: Amazon’s Healthcare Strategy
- 4/30/2018 — Will Google’s Artificial Intelligence Offer New Tools for Your Work?
- 4/23/2018 — What Facebook’s Public Scrutiny Can Teach Us About Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- 4/16/2018 — 5 Ways Amazon Could Disrupt Healthcare
- 4/9/2018 — Telemedicine Embraced by Senate Committee: Opioid Crisis Response Act
- 4/2/2018 — Landmark Expansion of Federal Telehealth Coverage
- 3/26/2018 — Are You HIPAA Compliant if You Use a HIPAA Compliant Vendor?
- 3/21/2018 — Artificial Intelligence Is Infiltrating Medicine — But Is It Ethical?
- 3/14/2018 — Teladoc, Microsoft Partner to Expand Telehealth
- 3/7/2018 — Alexa Turns Into a Home mHealth Assistant
- 2/26/2018 — HIPAA Password Requirements
- 2/21/2018 — Document Disposal Service Gets HIPAA Fine of $100,000
- 2/12/2018 — Budget Deal to Include Telehealth & Telemedicine Reimbursement!
- 2/5/2018 — Apple and Amazon Step into the Health Care Industry?
- 1/30/2018 — What’s up with Amazon in Healthcare? Follow the Money
- 1/23/2018 — Artificial Intelligence Funding Tops $1 Billion Mark as Mobile Investments Wane
- 1/15/2018 — Congress: Making Telehealth a Part of Preventive Care
- 1/8/2018 — The Most Influential 2017 HIPAA Fines: A Year in Review
- 1/2/2018 — Medicare and Medicaid Clarify Texting Rules
TBHI Archived Newsletters for the year 2017 and previous years can be accessed at TBHI Newsletter Library.
Read TBHI News Editorial Policy Statement.