TBHI Telemental Health Start-Up Consultation Program for Technology Companies, Healthcare Facilities, and Other Enterprise Clients
TBHI offers you a one-stop consulting opportunity that will help you with full implementation in as little as 3 – 6 months. During that time, you can count on us to:
- Assess and understand your particular needs
- Orient and train your clinical and administrative staff
- Identify your work-flow, ergonomic and patient/customer needs
- Inspire your referral sources to send you new business, and
- Deliver a strategic plan for continued growth with your new telehealth offerings to more client/patients and their families; a happier workforce and increased profits
- Select/negotiate with vendors who offer you the moon but can’t seem to answer your specific questions
- Train your staff in the required as well as suggested competencies related to telemental health / telebehavioral health
With TBHI’s Telemental Health Start-Up Consultation Program, you and your team will experience the power and excitement of:
- Gaining command of the legal and ethical principles governing telemental health / telebehavioral health
- Discovering practical ways to implement telemental health / telebehavioral health systems within your organization
- Becoming well-grounded in the evidence base related to telemental health / telebehavioral health
- Recruiting reluctant staff and invigorating community referral sources
- Implementing successful billing and other reimbursement and funding strategies
- Maximizing your group’s profit potential
To maximize your investment of resources, TBHI offers a unique combination of telemental health consultation and online training delivered in five phases that will quickly get you to your goals. Please click each of these five tabs below to learn more about each phase:
Your TBHI Consultant(s) will initially meet with you and your designated staff in-person, by telephone or via videoconferencing for two hours. The focus of this meeting will be to:
- Review your management structure
- Understand your key staff roles/titles
- Meet relevant staff members
- Assess your current workflow
- Begin an early evaluation of your needs:
- Designated Spaces for Originating and Distant Sites
- Current Equipment
- Video Equipment
- Ergonomic Needs
- Video Production Values
- Billing Procedures (CPT, ICD-10 and DSM-5)
- Staffing Needs
- Credentialing Services
- Referral Networks
A checklist will be provided prior to this meeting to maximize your time and effort during the needs assessment phase. Email questionnaires may be sent to some of your staff to clarify any missing information. A written evaluative report and recommendations will be delivered and discussed with you.
Training & Consultation
Your selected training group will meet over ten weeks to allow time for thoughtful discussion of core theoretical, evidence-based models of potential interest to you; legal, regulatory, ethical and other risk management issues such as licensure, informed consent, preventing and handling emergencies; documentation and other guidelines; video teleconferencing technology choices; clinical and video production issues; reimbursement strategies and other funding sources; electronic health records (EHRs) and how to include templates to maximize clinical time for telehealth; suggested social media policies; emailing text messaging, apps and other key policies as based on research; community outreach to recruit referral sources and the development of a strategic plan that will provide a clear path for expansion of your services to include telemental health. Your resulting telemental health will reflect your needs and preferences as well as the scientific evidence base. You will be directed to develop the information needed to be in compliance with relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical codes. Your needs for specialty consultation will be evaluated and your choice of up to four of our consultants will be assigned to you. They include telehealth law, technology, community outreach, video production.
During your needs assessment, your training group will be assigned key Certification Program courses to review in preparation for their first meeting with the TBHI Consultant. Courses are offered with CEs (most also meet requirements for CMEs) and comprise the TBH Institute Certification Program. Courses are accessible 24/7 online, for your staff’s convenience. The TBHI Telemental Health Start-up Consultation Program offers online professional training leading to Certification for up to five members of your clinical staff and focused courses for up to five members of your administrative legal, clerical, construction, or billing staff.
Courses will be augmented by a series of ten, interlocking, 60-minute teleconsultations to engage your staff and allow them to immerse themselves in the design and implementation of your program. These consultations are highly structured to help your staff avoid costly and potentially litigious errors in diagnosis, treatment, technology, billing, and the cultivation of referral sources. Consultation with your group is coordinated with their completion of assigned course training segments as described below to maximize the use of staff’s time:
TBHI’s consultant will meet with your trained staff and carefully identified members of your referral network to deliver a day of professional training for all stakeholders. CME or CEs may be made available by your organization for this professional training.
- Early Morning Briefing
- Upon arrival, Consultant will meet with you to:
- Review the plan for the day
- Coordinate goals
- Review of responses to legal assessment form
- Upon arrival, Consultant will meet with you to:
- On-Site Community Educational Training
- (Intended Audience: CEO, Clinicians, Billing, IT Staff, Community Stakeholders)
- The consultant will deliver a three-hour training program designed to explain basic concepts to community referral sources and key facility staff.
- Strategic Planning with Community Referral Sources:
- Consultant will meet with your Community Referral Sources in the Telehealth Training attendees for a strategic planning meeting. During this time, you may discuss any aspect of your business plan, marketing plan, and equipment purchasing plans.
Bi-monthly meetings will be conducted with your designated staff and TBHI. The purpose of these meetings will be to deal with challenges that may arise during the implementation phase. Notes will be prepared and changes made to the strategic plan as needed. All consultations will be conducted via your videoconferencing system, thereby serving as a quality control mechanism to assure the full functioning of video conferencing equipment and support processes.
Scheduled follow-up contacts will occur every month with designated your staff members and the TBHI consulting team. Your lead Consultant will be available by telephone throughout this period for quick consults as needed.