Telebehavioral Health Train-the-Trainer Program
If you are an experienced speaker or consultant, consider joining TBHI as a Trainer.
The TBHI Train-the-Trainer is for you if you are seeking to:
- Affiliate with a world-class telebehavioral health organization whose leaders are both knowledgeable and respected
- Join an organized system, whereby you can learn how to deliver valuable training to practitioners and organizations
- Build on your current talents as a speaker/trainer by specializing in a rapidly growing new field with increasing demand
- Join the ranks of some of your brightest and most accomplished colleagues who share your values for excellence in telemental and telebehavioral health
- Experience yourself as a leader and activist
- Choose one or both training areas offered by TBHI, either training and/or consulting
As part of the TBHI Train-the-Trainer Program, you will:
- Participate as listeners and transcribers in TBHI’s monthly Tele-Consult with Level-II Certificate training professionals to get a sense of typical Q&A
- Participate in two (2) group role-play situations per month during weekly group Trainee meetings
- Attend at least two (2) full-day training programs offered by Dr. Maheu or other TBHI faculty and deliver a written evaluation of the experience in terms of positive and critical feedback. This report will then be discussed in a meeting with the Speaker. Trainee may be asked to prepare and present at least fifteen (15) minutes of content during these workshops, at the sole discretion of the TBHI Client (conference organizer). Trainee will only have a choice of attending the dates and times available for TBHI speaking engagements already booked and contracted by TBHI
- Completion of surveys as developed by TBHI staff to explore a variety of communication needs
- Attend in a 2-day Train-the-Trainer workshop in San Diego for an experiential, interactive training program that will prepare you to get on the road and speak as a Telebehavioral Health Trainer
Consultation training will be comprised of four Training Stages:
- Stage 1: Shadowing – Join live TBHI consulting calls. Activities will include taking notes and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 2: Participating – Join and participate in live TBHI consulting calls. Activities will include taking notes and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 3: Leading – Lead live TBHI consulting calls with a Senior TBHI staff taking a secondary role. Activities will include scheduling and leading meetings with the Client, planning and distributing the agenda, reviewing and organizing all tasks to be delivered between meetings, updating and managing Client’s Strategic Plan, and written assigned work activities.
- Stage 4: Consulting – Consult solo with live TBHI consulting Clients with a Senior TBHI staff present. Activities will include scheduling and leading meetings with the Client, planning and distributing the agenda, reviewing and organizing all tasks to be delivered between meetings, updating and managing Client’s Strategic Plan, and written assigned work activities. The Consultant’s name and bio will be posted on the TBHI website as part of the TBHI Speaking or Consulting Staff and services made available to Clients according to the Client’s preferred schedule.
Training Program Requirements
To be considered for either of the TBHI Training Programs, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the TBHI Level-II Certificate program: telehealth.org/courses
- Active participation is monthly teleconference meetings and other exercises conducted online and by telephone over the course of 1 year.
- Attendance at a two-day, Train-the-Trainer workshop in San Diego held bi-annually
- Complete the TBHI Trainer or Consultant Application. This application will require approximately 30 minutes of your time, but we encourage you to have these documents ready for uploading into our system prior to starting the application process:
- Three short writing samples from previously written documents (book, article, blog, thesis, dissertation, etc.)
- Your CV
- Your professional photo (head shot) and brief bio for public display
- Names and email addresses of three references who know your work as a Speaker or Consultant
- Two (2) brief recordings of your prior speaking engagements will be requested after your application passes first review (for Trainers only)
- A one-time application processing fee of $149 is required. If your application is accepted, this fee will be deducted from your overall tuition.
- Introductory training fee of $2,500 (4-payment plan available over the required training year)
- All travel costs must be borne by Trainee
Register for the TBHI Speaker Training Program
Register for the TBHI Consultant Training Program