729W – How to Develop a Thriving Telemental Health Practice from Your Home
Roadmap for Developing a Home-Based, Legal, Ethical, Evidence-Based Telepractice in 6 Months
Recording now available to view anytime, any place. Login required.
1-Hour Training Webinar
Interested in starting a telemental health practice from your home, but not quite sure how to get started?
Attend this webinar to hear about a proven effective, legal and ethical online practice model that is HIPAA compliant. It will explain the TMHI roadmap to organize yourself to work from home in the next 6 months. You will hear descriptions of 5 viable alternatives to traditional, brick-and-mortar practice that meet all required mandates, all of which can be legally delivered over state lines when you meet outlined criteria.
In this webinar, Dr. Maheu will:
- Explain how you can easily, quickly, and conveniently learn the ropes for 100% legal and ethical practice using the Internet from your home
- Outline five evidence-based models for you to consider
- List problems and relevant solutions related to scheduling, record keeping, and billing issues
- Intelligently discuss why intake procedures and informed consent are crucial for risk management for online therapy, distance counseling, telepsychology and telepsychiatry
- Name at least two problems and their solutions for treating people from your home
- Identify at least one reason that abuse reporting is complex in online therapy and telemental health
- Name a central resource to find a legal and ethical, HIPAA compliant alternative to Skype
- Name at least 5 evidence-based practice models for working from home
- List two licensing essentials when practicing over state lines
- Name two common mistakes made by professionals when handling suicide or homicide emergencies
- Identify one reliable source for a practical analysis of multiple approved telepractice guidelines
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “tele-practitioners” in these disciplines:
- Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Drug & Alcohol Specialists
- Medical Professionals such as Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists
- Psychologists, Physicians Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
- Webinar recording
- Presentation slides