Skype & HIPAA-Compliant Alternatives: 30 Key Questions to Ask a Videoconferencing Vendor
1 CE Hour Available
Skype. If you’re thinking about telepractice, you’re probably thinking about Skype.
During the webinar, Marlene M. Maheu, PhD, Executive Director of the TeleMental Health Institute, Inc., will describe the best practices related to using videoconferencing for telemental health, distance counseling, telepsychiatry, telepsychology and online therapy. You’ll also get an invaluable list of 30 questions to ask each of your potential video vendors to accurate assess how they will meet your specific practice needs.
Event Details: Skype & HIPAA-Compliant Alternatives Webinar
- Where: 100% Online
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Live & recorded event includes access, slides, and handout
- Cost: $35 (includes 1-CE Hour)
- Explain why privacy protection is the #1 technology-related concern by practitioners, insurers, licensing boards and other government agencies
- Describe 2 reasons that the use of Skype is not HIPAA-compliant
- Identify 3 different HIPAA compliant alternatives to Skype for videoconferencing
- Explain what it means to have a “Business Associate” agreement and how to get a company to sign one
- Explain how adherence to HIPAA & HITECH are relevant to both state law and ethical codes
Dr. Maheu has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She has given more than 400 professional presentations is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved to sponsor continuing education by the APA, ASWB, NAADAC and NBCC, as well as a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply