7 Tips for Introducing Telemental Health to Clients / Patients
Many prospective patients/clients expect us to meet them on Skype and have a nice friendly chat, as if we are a family member or high school buddy. They’ve read popular newspaper and magazine articles about how easy and convenient online therapy can be. Introducing telemental health can be overly complicated if you don’t know where to start.
How can you best prepare them to get the most out of their time and effort? How can you help them understand your professional duties to deliver legal and ethical behavioral care through telepractice? This FREE professional training will give concise suggestions for how to optimally approach 7 key issues related to client / patient education for safe, effective clinical interventions.
Event Details: Introducing Telemental Health
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Recording is available 24/7
- Cost: FREE — upgrade for 1-CE Hour for $35
- Communicate risk and benefits of using your chosen technology with your client/patient (email, text messaging, telephone, video, etc.)
- Define the limits of your licensure over state lines
- Explain informed consent
- Outline your documentation policies
- Discuss security & privacy issues (relevance of HIPAA or “PIPEDA” & HITECH Act)
- Develop a solid plan to deal with technical problems
- Manage clients/patients who contact you from outside your licensed jurisdiction
- Make agreements with client/patients to minimize interruptions from their home environments
- Develop policies about charging for missed appointments
- Outline a basic safety and emergency plan for inclusion in your informed consent process
- Discuss your policies if you lose your laptop, cell phone or tablet
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Who Should Attend
This Introducing Telemental Health webinar program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- Program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applied toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical CEs with APA, NBCC and a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/ces. If you have any questions, contact us.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
FREE Registration with Training Access Key: EDUCATE
IMPORTANT! Copy case-sensitive Training Access Key before clicking the ‘Register’ button.
Add 1-CE Hour for $35
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply