Why is the Georgia Licensing Board’s Recent Ruling Relevant to You and Your License?
1 CE Hour Available
As a community service to the behavioral professionals, the Telebehavioral Health Institute has prepared a full hour presentation, accompanied by a FREE CE for those professionals needing CEs for licensure.
In the span of that time, Dr. Maheu will outline the Georgia Regulatory Board’s requirements for both practitioners and supervisors, explain why the Board decided that telephones, email, video and text messaging for clinical purposes and or supervision can put you and your clients/patients at risk if you have not yet undergone professional training. She will dispel common myths to help attendees develop clear strategies moving forward. After this webinar, you can expect to know about current rulings are a bellwether for all states, and where to get what you need inexpensively as well as conveniently to be in compliance with all major laws and ethical codes.
New State telemental health standards in Georgia and what they mean for your practice:
- Introduction to Key Definitions and Basic Concepts
- Evidence-Based Research in a Variety of Contexts (e.g. children, adolescents and elderly; community mental health centers; nursing homes; churches and schools; medical and specialty hospitals; at home care; etc.)
- Delivery Methods (Technologies to Use and Why) and Theory Integration
- Informed Consent and Other Required Documentation
- Intake and Assessment Basics
- Licensing and Working Over State Lines
- Risk Management: Security, Privacy and More
- Business of TeleMental Health
- Internet Use Dependency and Psychological Problems
Event Details: FREE Georgia Regulatory Board Telemental Health Requirements Webinar
- Where: 100% Online
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Live & recorded event includes access, slides, and handout
- Cost: FREE
Dr. Maheu has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She has given more than 400 professional presentations is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
Register FREE using Coupon Code: Georgia
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply