How to Get Started with Online Therapy and Telemental Health Job Opportunities
1 CE Hour Available
Now, more than ever, online therapy, telebehavioral health and telemental health are at the forefront of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Professional associations have approved related standards and guidelines — and insurers are reimbursing. Health plans are also hiring. There’s no better time for exploring how to become an online therapist! Many online startups have placed clinical liabilities squarely on the shoulders of the licensed professionals, many of whom do not understand the contracts they sign — or the associated risks they incur when offering services through these groups. They often limit the professional’s ability to follow ethical codes and guidelines, as well as state or federal laws, giving the practitioner a false sense of security.
As industry leaders in the legal and ethical issues surrounding telemental health service delivery, the TeleMental Health / Telebehavioral Health Institute will help:
- Point you in the direction of a number of viable telehealth counseling jobs that offer the best growth opportunities for 2017
- Focus you on best practices and legal as well as ethical principles to keep in mind when looking for telehealth jobs from home as well as when working for online clinics or telemental health start-ups
- Outline some of the more serious pitfalls you’ll want to avoid with telemental health start ups
- Give you a step-by-step guide to the most lucrative online counseling jobs with a clear return on investment (ROI) for training
- Show you where to get the credentialed staffing you need to put your mind at ease with telemental health training and telemental health certification
Event Details: How to Get Started with Online Therapy and Telemental Health Job Opportunities Webinar
- Where: 100% Online
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Live & recorded event includes access, slides, and handout
- Cost: $35 (includes 1-CE Hour)
- Identify at least 10 telemental health service jobs that get reimbursed
- Describe how the recent passage of the Mental Health CURES Act will impact telehealth employment opportunities
- List at least 3 things to ask an online employer to make sure that you can practice legally and ethically
- Identify at least two things to ask your malpractice carrier about working online
- Name at least one thing to ask managed care panels about working online
- Identify at least one website to register for telemental health employment opportunities for free
- Identify where to get regular telemental health employment updates for free
Dr. Maheu has been an industry leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She has given more than 400 professional presentations is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
- This course does not qualify for ASWB-approved Continuing Education.
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply