7 Biggest Mistakes Made by Mental Health Professionals Practicing Over State Lines
1 CE Hour Available
Are you already practicing over state lines, or contemplating such practice?
Many forward-thinking health care professionals are drawn to practicing online because of the many inexpensive conveniences. The issue is that many are also unsure or simply incorrect about how to conduct ethical and legal telebehavioral health practice. They have questions about what they consider to be Skype therapy over state lines. They are finding plenty of information about practicing distance therapy legally and ethically, but the information is unwieldy and often, contradictory.
The good news is licensure is not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. This telemental health professional training program will outline the scope of distance therapy and detail telemental health licensure portability. You can easily learn what you need to know about licensure coverage for telemental health practice to have a thriving, worry-free, online practice.
Event Details: Practicing Over State Lines Webinar
- Where: 100% Online
- Fully recorded and available 24/7 after the event to review anytime for 6 months from registration date
- What: Recorded Webinar including access to view the recording, viewable presentation slides, and downloadable handout
- Cost: 1-CE Hour for $35
- Name at least three essential functions of licensure
- Identify two reasons why calling yourself a “coach” to practice over state or province lines when you are licensed get you in more trouble than it is worth
- List at least one way your malpractice coverage can automatically be nullified, despite your carrier’s claims that you are “covered” for online practice
Dr. Maheu is a specialist in interjurisdictional issues (practicing over state lines) and has been an industry leader in telebehavioral health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions both quickly and accurately.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- This program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applicable toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical Continuing Education. TBHI is approved by several CE-approval providing groups to sponsor CE Hours. Please review our provider information at telehealth.org/continuing-education. (We recommend you confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status. If you have any questions, please contact us.)
Add 1-CE Hour for $35
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply