Telemental Health Practice Over State Lines? Legal & Ethical Strategies
Are you puzzled about telemental health practice over state lines? Many professionals are confused about telemental health licensure issues. Like thousands of other forward-thinking health care professionals, you are probably drawn to practicing online because of the many inexpensive conveniences, but are unsure of how to conduct ethical and legal telepractice. They have questions about what they consider to be Skype therapy over state lines. They are finding plenty of information about practicing distance therapy legally and ethically, but the information is unwieldy and often, contradictory.
The good news is licensure is not as complicated as it may seem at first glance. This telemental health professional training program will outline the scope of distance therapy and detail telemental health licensure portability. You can easily learn what you need to know about licensure coverage for telemental health practice to have a thriving, worry-free, online practice.
Event Details: Telemental Health Practice Over State Lines
- Where: 100% Online
- When: Recording is available 24/7
- CE Option: 1 CE Hour Available
- The essential functions of licensure and why they are relevant to the stable growth of our professions
- How many states and provinces require an in-person assessment within a state or province prior to telepractice
- Which states and provinces are leaders in the licensure portability movement
- Which states or provinces require payment for telehealth on par with in-person treatment — and how licensure is pivotal
- Why calling yourself a “coach” to practice over state or province lines when you are licensed get you in more trouble than it is worth
- How malpractice coverage can automatically be nullified, despite your carrier’s claims that you are “covered” for online practice
- Where to register for help with obtaining licensure in multiple states or provinces
- Four ways to keep abreast of these developments for free
Dr. Maheu has been a leader in telemental health since 1994. With four textbooks, dozens of book chapters and journal articles to her name, as well as having educated more than 20,000 clinicians, she is in a unique position to guide you or your organization in finding a maximally profitable niche in this rapidly expanding market. She is a master at getting to the point and answering your questions with clear, actionable, evidence-based suggestions that will move you to your goal both quickly and accurately.
Who Should Attend
This Practicing Over State Lines webinar program is for beginning and intermediate-level “telepractitioners” and “telesupervisors” wishing to deliver telemental health services in these disciplines:
- Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners
- Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists
- Speech Pathologists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists, Behavioral Analysts, Substance Use Professionals
- CEOs, COOs, Administrators, Billing & Coding Staff
- Webinar video recording, presentation slides, and webinar handout
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Access to TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
- Program is approved for 1 CE Hour, applied toward state requirements for Legal/Ethical CEs with APA, NBCC and a variety of other CE-approval providing groups. (To confirm with your licensing board that they accept our CE provider status, you can find our provider information at telehealth.org/ces. If you have any questions, contact us.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
No Risk – 100% 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
PayPal International Currencies Accepted
*Multiple discounts do not apply