WEBINAR – 10 Good Reasons to Start Your Telemental Health Practice Now
Fully Recorded for On-Demand Access
1-Hour Training Webinar followed by OPTIONAL Free 30-Minute Informational “How to Get Started” Q&A
1 CE Hour Available
Still not sure if telemental health is right for you?
Get the facts. Dr. Maheu will give you a “big picture” perspective on what’s happening legally, ethically, politically, technologically — and why now is the right time for you to get started with:
- reaching more clients/patients
- lowering your overhead and
- working from the convenience of any appropriate location via the Internet
At this end of this hour, Dr. Maheu will also spend an optional 30-minutes describing a clear roadmap for safe, legal and ethical telepractice.
Webinar attendees will receive clear and concise answers to these questions:
- What’s happening that makes videoconferencing for behavioral care of particular relevance now?
- What’s the difference between online therapy, telepsychiatry, distance counseling, telepsychology, etherapy, videotherapy, teletherapy, etc.?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working through videoconferencing?
- What are the risks and benefits of working online with videoconferencing?
- What does the evidence base (research) have to say about videoconferencing with behavioral, substance use or mental health clients/patients?
- What do the state licensing boards, malpractice carriers and graduate schools have to say about videoconferencing for behavioral care?
- What do patients and other consumers have to say about videoconferencing for behavioral care?
- What do the payers have to say about videoconferencing for behavioral care?
- Which forms of online therapy get reimbursed? Why? Who are the payers?
- Where can professionals, agencies, clinics and hospitals get more information about telepractice?
- Name at least two free online resources that list free information about scientific research that supports telepractice.
- Name at least two convenient resources to find more information about technology, training and consultation related to telepractice and telemental health.
- Name at least one source for weekly news about telepractice to stay current with legal, ethical and clinical issues as well as other related events.
This program is for beginning and intermediate-level “tele-practitioners” in these disciplines:
- Counselors, Social Workers, Therapists, Marriage & Family Therapists, Drug & Alcohol Specialists
- Medical Professionals such as Psychiatrists, Internists, Pediatricians, Gerontologists
- Psychologists, Physicians Assistants & Nurse Practitioners
- Webinar video recording
- Presentation slides
- Access to the power and interactivity of the most cutting-edge technology available today for learning (login is required)
- Ability to take your post-test and course evaluation online
- Full access to the TMHI Community Forum to ask related questions
- Webinar handout
- 1-CE Hour (See CE Hour Sponsorship Approvals or contact us with questions.)
- Printable course completion certificate for your licensing board
- Full customer support
- 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days!
Free 30-Minute Informational “How to Get Started” Q&A
If you are considering professional training at TMHI, Dr. Maheu will explain how TMHI’s program will help you get started quickly, professionally and conveniently to maximize your opportunities to develop your services for 21st Century health care. She will answer your questions about TMHI’s training options and payment plans.